Monday, August 1, 2011

Weber

This weekend's reading I found very surprising and unusual from our previous readings. I consider it odd to imagine that there is such a strong tie between capitalism and religion. And especially odd to say that religion is a cause of inequality. I understand how he can think that this predetermined destination can result in different lifestyles, and maybe in an older time I can see how participating in a certain religion would create different economic ties, but I just do not believe that that is applicable to modern day. Whether you are catholic or protestant, from how I see it, does not influence your career in anyway. So, therefore I find it hard to believe that being a part of a certain denomination can create such a great level of inequality.

No comments:

Post a Comment