Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Science vs Religion

Weber’s concepts on the differences between science and ethics intrigued me upon reading his take on the two. The concepts of the ideas that science does not touch upon seem to be something that I find incredibly enticing and also very personal. The concepts that can only be answered inside of us lie outside the grasp of science. I had never thought about the limitations of science as a whole prior to reading the text but now that I’ve come to read it I find myself ultimately very intrigued by just how much is unattainable by science. Science seems to almost be limitless, particularly in our day and age, but there are still spheres of life that science simply cannot find answers in.

Then looking at what effects people’s ethical codes, I find it incredibly interesting how religion plays such a huge role and has since almost the dawn of civilization. Whether it be a religion of one god and prophet or a religion with a plethora of gods, I find the strong presence of religion in a person’s life really does come to change how they seem to view nearly every aspect of life. It completely shifts the code of ethics a person lives by.

Religion too, oddly enough, seems to lie outside the grasp of science. I find these two things, science and religion to be two very different styles of life. Two ways for people to lives their lives. Each choice dictates a very different sort of future.

No comments:

Post a Comment